Friday 25 April 2008

Peter French - Fundraising

"In a mad moment I agreed to take part in the British Red Cross annual Jailed & Bailed event to be hosted by the Right Honourable the Lord Mayor and Lady Mayoress, Alderman and Mrs David Lewis, on Wednesday 4th June.

I will be arrested at Mansion House, on charges yet to be confirmed, and then be transported by the City of London Police to the Tower of London where I will be incarcerated pending bail. On the condition that I raise £2,000 in bail in support of the British Red Cross by 2.00 pm that day, I will be a free man again ..... but if not, I will be left to sample Her Majesty's hospitality indefinitely!

While I have been assured that I will be made 'as comfortable as possible' if this plea fails , I would implore you to help me by contributing towards my bail regardless of your first thoughts of leaving me there !
Donations can be made online www.justgiving.com/peterfrench-jailedandbailed , alternatively donations can be made out to the
British Red Cross care of myself at 5 , Blackhorse Lane , E17 6DN "


Editor's note - if we raise enough, they may keep him in permanently!

No comments: